Hundreds Of Headboards In A Variety of Styles, Sizes And Colors.Take your bedroom style to the next level by adding a beautiful headboard. ReeceFurniture.com carries hundreds of headboards in a variety of styles, sizes and colors.
- Lisa Rau-Reece
A Simple Trick for Whitening and Brightening Your Old Yellow Pillows
Sure, you may clean your pillowcases once every week or so, but what about your actual pillows? Over the course of time, these can get yellow and stained (and just plain icky). And when this happens, there’s luckily a way to bring them back to their former clean and white glory. One Good Thing by Jillee shares a miracle laundry whitening solution and technique that works like magic on dingy pillows. Check it out!
What You Need:
- Really hot water
- 1 cup of laundry detergent
- 1 cup powdered dishwasher detergent
- 1 cup bleach
- 1/2 cup borax
Have any of you ever had success with this method?
Tips for Spring Cleaning
No one looks forward to spring cleaning. That’s a fact. But here are a few tips to make the experience a little less painful and a lot more productive.
The Clock’s Running
Time yourself doing some of the routine chores around your house. Once you know it only takes fifteen minutes to dust off the glass shelves in your display case, you might not put it off so long between cleanings.
Focus on one room at a time and view the room as a whole. We all work better when we’re focused on a single topic, so approach the task of cleaning by looking at it as one big project rather than a series of unrelated tasks. Then work from the top down to make sure you aren’t duplicating effort.
- Dust ceiling fans and fan blades
- Freshen window treatments and pillows in dryer on no heat setting
- Dust and clean all art on the walls; avoid spraying cleanser or water on frames—spray onto a clean cloth to wipe the glass and frame
- Wipe down walls, doors and baseboards
- Dust shelves and furniture from the top to bottom
- Banish water rings on wood furniture by blasting with a hair dryer set on high heat; rub olive oil into area to refreshen the wood
- Vacuum beneath seat cushions and clean out crevices
- Wash windows on a cloudy day to avoid streaks
- Clean window wells and sliding door tracks
- Move furniture to clean carpet or flooring beneath it
Organize and Refresh
Stay on track by establishing a system to keep everything looking neat and tidy. Baskets and bins hold books and magazines. Wall-mounted shelves display pictures and collections. New pillows and window coverings with lighter colors and fabrics reflect the new season. An area rug that pampers bare feet and defines the space. And don’t forget the impact lighting can have on a room, a pair of updated table or floor lamps tie it all together. The result—a clean and exciting new vibe for your living room that announces spring is here at last.
- Lisa Rau-Reece