Area rugs bring softness and warmth to solid floors and can define smaller zones within an open plan space. For renters, area rugs are a great way to personalize and style a space, even if you're not allowed to paint or change the carpeting. Unlike the wall-to-wall stuff, area rugs can simply be rolled up and swapped out when you're ready for a change which also makes area rugs a better choice for allergy sufferers because they can be thoroughly cleaned to remove dust and other allergens for a healthier home.
Area Rug Buying and Styling
Area rugs can work in any room in the house including outdoors! It's just a matter of finding the right rug for your space. Let's walk through some common design situations.
- A small area rug inside the front door, or other high-traffic areas, can help keep your home cleaner and protect your floors from wear and tear.
- Place a runner in a hallway to add color and draw the eye towards the next room.
- Use a soft, comfortable area rug to define a conversation grouping in the living room.
- Create a focal point in your dining room or home office with a stylish area rug.
- Warm up the kitchen with a cozy area rug on the floor.
- Make your bedroom feel luxurious with a soft and cushy area rug to step out on.
- Create a comfy spot to play in a child's room with a round area rug.
- Define an outdoor room with an indoor/outdoor area rug on the porch, patio, or deck.